Christmas is coming and Bridport is ready!
The whole town, surrounding villages and visitors to the area are invited to attend the popular Christmas Cheer evening taking place in 2019 on Wednesday 4th December from 4pm-8pm. The FREE community event has something for all the family to enjoy. With lots of festive entertainment, it is a time to get in the Christmas mood, find that special Christmas gift and join in the merriment!
- Carol singing by local Schools
- Lantern procession
- A free gift will be given to every child that visits Father Christmas in Santa’s Grotto, outside the Art Centre (kindly sponsored by Toymaster and Groves Nursery)
- In Bucky Doo Square, outside The Bull Hotel and the Ropemakers there will be non-stop live music from local performers
- Dance performances inside the Electric Palace and The Borough Gardens
- Many shops open for late night shopping
- The LSi and Alembic Canteen have a programme of events for all to enjoy
- Bridport Museum will be running a raffle, offering refreshments and mince pies, and demonstrating how to make rope from 4pm-7pm
- Town Businesses will be open offering season refreshments
- Over 30 stalls- local market traders, food producers and street food lining West, East and South Street
- The town’s hospitality outlets will be full of Christmas Cheer and good food!
- Throughout December in the afternoon there will be 2 hours free car parking in short stay car parks
Help Support Local Schools…
Yr9 Business students from The Sir John Colfox Academy will be looking to provide their products that they have been working on in the build up to the busy Christmas period. Students within class have been building their business plans and preparing for their first trading period. They look forward to serving the customers of Bridport for what will be the first time most of these young people have sold a product. Please come and check out what they have been working on and support them.