Christmas is coming and Bridport is ready!
The whole town, surrounding villages and visitors to the area are invited to attend the popular Christmas Cheer evening taking place in 2019 on Wednesday 4th December from 4pm-8pm. The FREE community event has something for all the family to enjoy. With lots of festive entertainment, it is a time to get in the Christmas mood, find that special Christmas gift and join in the merriment!
- Carol singing by local Schools
- Christmas Cheer magical lantern Procession will leave at 5.10pm from Barrack Street through Bucky Doo Square and parade onto Borough Gardens where our beautiful, community made lanterns will light up Borough Gardens for a public Performance by No Limits, “We are Star Stuff”. Lanterns have been made by Community Artist Mickey Bonome with children from St Marys Bridport, Symondsbury and Loders Schools, Bridport Connect Day Centre & the general public who attended this years community town workshops. The procession promises creations inspired by Winter Skies, with our very own Queen of Winter Constellations, group made Cosmic Moon Bird and many more. No Limits ” We Are Star Stuff ” choreographed by Anna Golding and No Limits members, Costumes & Props by Mickey Bonome & Music by Andrew Dickson and Robert Lee. This will finish in time to see Father Christmas arrive in Bucky Doo Square at 6pm.
- A free gift will be given to every child that visits Father Christmas in Santa’s Grotto, outside the Art Centre (kindly sponsored by Toymaster and Groves Nursery)
- In Bucky Doo Square, outside The Bull Hotel and the Ropemakers there will be non-stop live music from local performers
- Dance performances inside the Electric Palace and The Borough Gardens
- Many shops open for late night shopping
- Parker Estate Agents have a Christmas Hamper Prize raising money for Air Ambulance
- Classic Cottages will be offering mince pies and mulled wine
- Cafe Bean will have a Festive Menu, Takeaway Soup and Festive Sandwiches, Hot Drink Menu, Mint Hot Chocolate, Caramel Latte, Christmassy Treats & much more
- Make & Take a Christmas Decoration activity for children, carol singers, storytellers and poetry readings at the LSi in East Street.
- Bridport Museum will be running a raffle, offering refreshments and mince pies, and demonstrating how to make rope from 4pm-7pm
- Town Businesses will be open offering season refreshments
- Over 30 stalls- local market traders, food producers and street food lining West, East and South Street
- The town’s hospitality outlets will be full of Christmas Cheer and good food!
- Throughout December all car parks will be free on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- A Big Thank You to Framptons Butchers for Sponsoring the Buckydoo Stage!
Help Support Local Schools…
Yr9 Business students from The Sir John Colfox Academy will be looking to provide their products that they have been working on in the build up to the busy Christmas period. Students within class have been building their business plans and preparing for their first trading period. They look forward to serving the customers of Bridport for what will be the first time most of these young people have sold a product. Please come and check out what they have been working on and support them.