Bridport and West Bay are situated in Dorset on the South West coast of England.
Convenient, yet tucked away, West Dorset is just three hours from London, and has great public transport links via train and bus.
Bridport has a wide, vibrant and eclectic cultural mix of events, exhibitions and entertainment. It is also a Gateway Town for the World Heritage Site of the Jurassic Coast and a Beacon Town for promoting the high quality and vast variety of local food. There are several types of markets throughout the month; The Street Markets are held every Wednesday and Saturday in this historic market town, the Farmers Market is held on the second Saturday of the month in the Arts Centre and the Vintage Market at St Michael’s on the last Sunday of the month March – October.
West Bay has a small harbour suitable for pleasure crafts and fishing boats, with large stretches of shingle beaches either side. Serviced by local amenities, shops, pubs and restaurants. There are also caravan parks, hotels and B&Bs making it an ideal location to spend your holiday.
- Exeter (35 miles)
- Bournemouth (46 miles)
- Southampton (70 miles)
- Bristol (61 miles)
Nearby train stations
- Axminster (13 miles) – services to Exeter and London Waterloo
- Crewkerne (12 miles) – services to Exeter and London Waterloo
- Dorchester South (16 miles) – services to Weymouth, Bournemouth, Southampton and London Waterloo
- Dorchester West (16 miles) – services to Weymouth, Bath, Bristol and Gloucester
- Click here for public transport information and timetables