THE BRIDPORT LITERARY FESTIVAL 2020.
Ticketing Policy including rescheduled and cancelled events.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you to this year’s festival, which is being held at The Electric Palace and Bridport Arts Centre.
The Festival Organisers felt it would be helpful to go through a selection of factors that may affect ticketholders, including refunds and explain the outcomes.
- The event is moved to a new date (in the same venue)
- Customer ticket(s) and seat reservations will be valid for the new date
- Ticketholders will be contacted by email (or ‘phone if there is no email on record) with details
- Any ticketholders unable to make the new date will be offered an ‘Account Credit’
- This ‘Credit’ can be used to buy tickets for any future event at the venue
- The event is cancelled
- All ticketholders will be contacted by email (or ‘phone if there is no email on record)
- Ticket holders will be offered a full refund, including the booking fee.
CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE TICKETS BUT ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE EVENT
- Tickets cannot be exchanged nor money refunded if you are unable to attend the scheduled performance.
- PLEASE NOTE : as part of new practices to make the venues Covid-Safe, temperature checks will be made on every customer as they arrive at the venue. Anyone who records a RED result (i.e. their temperature is too high) will not be able to attend the event
CUSTOMERS WHO ARRIVE AT THE VENUE(S) AND DO NOT HAVE A VALID TICKET
(either printed or on their smart phone)
- Anyone arriving without a valid ticket will not be allowed to enter the venue
- Customers who purchased tickets for a number of people must arrive with those people and enter the venue together, whilst maintaining social distancing
Thank you for your support and understanding.
If anything is unclear please contact the venue directly.
ELECTRIC PALACE firstname.lastname@example.org
BRIDPORT ARTS CENTRE email@example.com
Published 24 Sept 2020.