This is the first of a series of webinars which can be attended by officers or elected members – whoever you feel is best placed to attend and provide feedback to council. If you want to hear about the consultation and provide feedback, then next Tuesday’s session will provide an opportunity to find out more and ask some questions.
Some officers from larger towns and parishes were given a preview of this session last week and a follow up session is now in the diary for all other parishes across the Dorset Council area. This will be held via Zoom between 4:30pm and 5:30pm on Tuesday 9th November 2021 and hosted by DAPTC.
Joining the event is simple – REGISTER HERE
Here is some background from the Libraries Team ahead of the session:
- On Monday 25th October Dorset Council launched a public consultation to inform how we develop and deliver our library service in the future, the campaign is called #LetsTalkLibraries consultation – Dorset Council. This initial consultation period will be a conversation with our communities to better understand what they need from the service, now and in the future. We are particularly keen to explore what might encourage a non-library user to use our services in the future. This information will help us to update our Library Strategy, which is currently 11 years old.
- We want to hear from library users and non-users of all ages, to find out what they like, what they don’t like and what would encourage them to use the library service in future. This is an exciting time, and we encourage everyone to have their say!
To allow us to capture views from a wider range of stakeholders. We have designed 3 surveys.
- Children’s survey for 5-15 year olds
- Public survey (for 16+yrs). This survey is split into a library user and non user.
- Employee, partner and business survey (including Town and Parish Councils and Councillors)
- Please share the public surveys with your communities and encourage everyone to have their say: https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/w/let-s-talk-libraries-consultation
- The Employee, partner and business survey is available via this dedicated link and will not be publicly promoted on our webpage and ask you treat the link sensitively. Please select response option: “Town and Parish Councils” you can then provide the name of your council and confirm whether it is your council’s official response. Town and Parish Councillors can select the “Councillor” response option and share their views.
- If you have any questions please contact: email@example.com
Please support this event to understand more and to help your response to the consultation.