The Melplash Show 2019 Thursday 22nd August Traditional Country Show Come & enjoy the best of Agriculture by the sea! Tickets: Adults
The Melplash Show 2019
Thursday 22nd August
Traditional Country Show
Come & enjoy the best of Agriculture by the sea!
Tickets: Adults £15.00 (Children under 16 go FREE) in advance from Bridport Tourist Information Centre. On the gate £17.00
Free bus service operated by South West Coaches will be operating around local towns.
Free Parking and Park & Ride
The Melplash Agricultural Society Show is one of the South West’s premier agricultural exhibitions and is held at The West Bay Show grounds, Bridport, Dorset on the last Thursday before the August Bank holiday. Our 2019 show will be held on Thursday 22nd August and there really will be something for everyone at our show. The show is packed full of exhibits including livestock, horses, homecrafts and horticulture. There are over 400 trade stands selling everything from locally produced food to tractors… and plenty in between!
We are delighted to welcome Squibb Freestyle Motocross stunt show to our main arena in 2019. Jamie Squibb and his team of riders perform breathtaking jumps and stunts mid-air in front of the crowds. There will be two perfomances in our main ring during the day.
Other entertainment throughout the day includes:
- The Sheep Show – is a humorous educational live stage show about sheep and wool. Edu-tainment at it’s best. Nine breeds introduced onto their own stage. Don’t miss the Dancing Sheep!
- Jonathan Marshall – Jonathan Marshall has earned his reputation as one of the worlds leading display falconers over the last 30 years. Not content with just flying birds of prey, Jonathan introduced dancing Spanish horses into his display and trained both birds and horses to work together.
- Hurdlebrook Guernsey Cows – a brilliant milking demonstration and a chance to meet these beautiful Guernsey cows
- Strawberry Jam the Clown is a cheeky, bright, bubbly, mischievous character. Strawberry performs comedy magic and circus skills shows, including juggling stunt chickens and her magic washing machine!
- Wyld Morris – a mixed Morris side of dancers and musicians dancing in the Cotswold tradition.
- Professor Crump – The Professor – standing eight foot tall in his magnificent top hat and entertaining with his Crumpantics
- BubbleMan and Bubble Faerie – bringing their bubbly magic to our show! Look out for them around the showground!
- Sheridan the Sheepdog – bring smiles, laughter and amazement to adults and children alike.
- Daphne Neville and her otters – learn all about otters!
- The FB Pocket Orchestra – playing around the show ground and taking listeners back to the hot jazz, blues, ragtime & popular dances of the 1920/30s & earlier.
- Dorset Young Farmers Marquee – learn about our local clubs and watch sheep shearing.
- St Swithun’s Band – The St Swithun’s Brass Band is based in Bridport, Dorset. Listen to them play in our Jack Norman field (opposite the Food Hall) from 10.00am to 12.30pm.
- A fun packed Countryside Arena with everything from ferret racing to gun dog displays.
- The Melplash Inn – our fabulous public bar hosted by Palmers Brewery of Bridport
- Discover Farming Marquee – A must visit for all families who are interested in learning more about food production and farming. Packed with hands-on activities for children including grinding wheat, making, cooking and eating pizzas, making cheese and apple juice, apple juicing, handling baby chicks, milking a goat and even calving a cow!!
- Explore Farming Marquee – Farmers for the Future – a dedicated area for youngsters who are interested in finding out what career opportunities there are in farming and agriculture. There will be an interactive programme to help young people see the options that are available in this exciting global industry.
- Cookery Theatre hosting a number of cookery demonstrations throughout the day. Lined up are a number of local food and drink experts who are going to show you how to cook some amazing dishes. This year we welcome local chefs: Steve Batey from Fossil Food Catering in Axminster, Sally Allan from Sally’s Fish Camp with Celebrity Chef Lesley Waters, Helen Choudhury from the Taj Mahal in Bridport, Phil Frampton from Framptons of Bridport with Alan Fryer from The George in Bridport also local drink experts, Lloyd Brown, Grey Bear Bar Co Bridport, Chris ‘OC’ Kemm, Bridgets Market, Bridport, Ross Diaper, Anchor Inn Seatown and Thomas Hay-Owens, Venner Bar, Bridport.
- Traditional Punch & Judy show throughout the day by Peter Maggs, find them by the Craft & Traders marquees
- Fun Fair provided by Edward Danter – one of the leading fun fairs in Britain.
- Horse showing and show jumping
- Heavy Horses
- Livestock classes for cattle, sheep, goats and pigs
- Food Hall packed with local producers all selling their delicious food
- Two huge craft marquees packed with lots traders selling a unique range of handmade goods.
- Homecraft & Horticulture marquees – hundreds of classes to take part in!
- Bees & Honey, Woodcraft, Thatching, Hedge Laying, blacksmithing, spinning & weaving and lots more rural crafts to see!
- Vintage and Classic Car display from Transport of Yesteryear
- Vintage Tractor display
- Over 400 trade stands, HUGE Food Hall, Cookery demonstrations throughout the day
- Hounds and beagles – parade of hounds and a chance to meet these wonderful animals.
- And the highlight of the Show, the parade of award winning animals.
(Thursday) 8:00 am
West Bay Showground
West Bay Road, Bridport, Dorset
Box Office01308 424901 Bridport Tourist Information, South Street, Bridport, DT6 3LF