Bridport Christmas Cheer Christmas is coming and Bridport is ready! The whole town, surrounding villages and visitors to the
Bridport Christmas Cheer
Christmas is coming and Bridport is ready!
The whole town, surrounding villages and visitors to the area are invited to attend the popular Christmas Cheer evening taking place in 2016 on Wednesday 7th December from 4.00 to 8.00pm. The FREE community event has something for all the family to enjoy. With lots of festive entertainment, it is a time to get in the Christmas mood, find that special Christmas gift and join in the merriment!
- Design a Christmas Card competition for children, closing date for entries December 4th. The winning design will be made into Christmas Cards and 50 will be awarded to the winner during the evening of Christmas Cheer.
- The Shop Window competition this year is the 12 Days of Christmas. Windows need to be dressed by 1st December. The Trophy will be presented to the winner during the evening of Christmas Cheer.
- Carol singing by local schools link to timetable
- The popular (live) reindeer, Cupid & Comet, are visiting with their snow queen.
- A free gift will be given to every child that visits Father Christmas in Santa’s Grotto, outside of the Art Centre (kindly donated by Toymaster and Frosts)
- In Bucky Doo Square and outside of The Bull Hotel and the Ropemakers there will be non-stop live music from local performers link to programme
- Street Dance performers in South Street link to programme
- Christmas Tree Festival at Bridport United Church in East Street
- Late Night Shopping – many shops are staying open
- The Town Market will be lining the streets
- Town businesses will be open offering seasonal refreshment
- 70+ arts, crafts and charity stalls in the Town Hall, Art Centre and Electric Palace
- Over 30 stalls – local market traders, food producers and street food lining West, East and South Street
- Festive Drink & Cocktail Trail list of participating venues and the drinks available
- The town’s hospitality outlets will be full of Christmas Cheer and good food!
The event will kick off at 4.00pm with carol singing by local schools
(Wednesday) 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Christmas Cheer01308 424901